The J. Kiffin Penry Pediatric Epilepsy Education Programs offer several courses in pediatric epilepsy, each tailored to a specific target audience. Each program page contains a description of the course, including course overview, application and selection process, and dates. The calendar page lists dates for each course as well as other events of interest to pediatric neurologists.
The J. Kiffin Penry Pediatric Epilepsy Education Programs offers courses for:
- Child Neurology Residents – Topics include diagnosis, treatment and management of seizures in the pediatric population. Course designed specifically for child Neurology Residents in their final year of training (PGY-5)
- Adult Neurologists – This specialized course was designed to help adult neurologists identify and address the special needs presented by children with epilepsy in their practice. An excellent course for adult neurologists who practice in areas with a shortage of pediatric neurologists.
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioners – This course is tailored to the specific needs of nurse practitioners who work in child neurology practices, or any practice that sees a significant incidence of epilepsy in the population.
- Child Neurologists – This comprehensive program is tailored to child neurologists who specialize in the treatment of epilepsy or whose patients include a significant number with epilepsy.
- International Pediatric Epilepsy Program – This pediatric epilepsy course was designed for neurologists who practice outside the US. Faculty includes internationally known child neurologists from Europe and the US.
Also, be sure to visit our Calendar for program dates and other important pediatric epilepsy events.